18 healthy low calorie snacks for weight loss ?
* Snacking and Weight Loss may not be the best of friends. In fact, it’s common knowledge that snacking between meals can only cause you to overshoot your daily calorie allowance and gain weight. But is that actually true? Well, it might be when these “snacks”are actually big meals or very unhealthy. So, what happens if they are healthy?
* You guessed it, they can help you lose weight and. From roasted chickpeas to apple slices with cheese, keep watching to find out more! Almonds: Nuts are a great healthy snack. And even though they're high in fat, you don't need to avoid them if you're trying to lose weight. One study found that people who chewed almonds thoroughly, up to 40 chews, felt full longer than those who chewed the same amount of nuts less. Plus, almonds deliver filling fiber, protein and healthy fats.
* A serving of almonds, which is one ounce or 23 almonds, has 164 calories, 4 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein. Roasted Chickpeas: Eating a 3/4-cup of legumes,like chickpeas, can help you lose nearly one pound in six weeks without making any other changes to your diet, suggests a recent study. Instead of eating them plain, try roasting your chickpeas with extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt, and a generous sprinkle of cumin or smoked paprika for a boost of healthy flavor. Green Smoothie: Smoothies are a satisfying way to sneak in an extra serving of veggies, making it a great snack for weight loss.
* A 50/50 combo of veggies and fruit with protein and fiber added in is great for your health. Take a handful of baby spinach and frozen mango with 3/4-cup low-fat milk and one tablespoon ground flax seeds, or a handful of kale and frozen berries with 3/4-cup unsweetened almond milk and one tablespoon almond butter. Mix well and drink in between meals for best results. Apple Nachos: Don’t worry, this snack is not as weird as it sounds. In fact it is very well balanced and can curb your craving with a mix of protein, fiber, and cinnamon to rev up your metabolism.
* Take thinly sliced apples and coat them with two tablespoons of powdered peanut butter. Regular PB works fine too. Next add a littlecinnamon, and top off with a light sprinkling of dry muesli rather than granola as granolatends to pack on added oils and sugars. Tomato and Cucumber Salad: This is one of the easiest snacks to make on our list. Just combine equal parts chopped cucumbers and tomatoes then drizzle generously with red wine vinegar.
* These high water content vegetables will keep you feeling full and satisfied. The red wine vinegar will also help control blood sugar spikes. Edamame with Sea Salt: Edamame is loaded with fiber which is a magic ingredient when you're trying to lose weight as it slows down digestion and helps you feel full for a longer period of time.Sprinkle a little sea salt on one cup of edamame for a sinless snack with 8 grams of fiber and less than 200 calories. Banana with Peanut Butter: This snack is as easy to make as it sounds. Spread a tablespoon of peanut butter onto a banana.
* The carbs will give you a quick mood boost, while the protein will keep your energy going for hours. In fact, a study had found that eating peanut butter in the morning can help curb your appetite throughout the rest of the day. Cottage Cheese with Flax Seeds and Cinnamon:Cottage cheese, flax seeds, and cinnamon each have impressive health benefits and together,they're incredibly healthy. Cottage cheese is high in protein and very filling, and full-fat varieties boast conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a fatty acid linked to various health benefits. Flax seeds are beneficial for weight loss and blood sugar control. They can also reduce breast cancer risk.
* Cinnamon helps lower your blood sugar and also improve gut health Here's an easy recipe that provides about 15 grams of protein with fewer than 150 calories. Take 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 1 table spoon of ground flax seeds and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix well together. Cherry Tomatoes with Mozzarella: Tomatoes and mozzarella cheese are a flavor match made in heaven, and they're healthy too. Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C, potassium,and lycopene, an antioxidant that may reduce your risk of cancer and heart disease.
* Mozzarella is high in protein, calcium and vitamin B12. It may also decrease the risk of heart disease by raising your good cholesterol. One cup of cherry tomatoes paired with 2 ounces of mozzarella cheese has under 200 calories. Air Popped Popcorn: Wait, you can have popcorn on a diet? Yes! Get excited because air-popped popcorn has just 30 calories and over 1 gram of fiber per cup. Mix it with some nuts and raisins and you have a healthy and exciting snack to look forward to at work or at home. Sweet Potato Chips: Sweet potato is one of the healthiest foods on the planet full of Vitamin A, vitamin C, B vitamins and an excellent source of fiber.
* To make sweet potato chips, simply peel and thinly slice the sweet potatoes. Then place on some baking paper, spray with a little olive oil and microwave for 4 – 5 minutes until the edges are a little curled. Greek Yogurt With Berries: Convenient and affordable, yogurt can be a worthwhile addition to your diet thanks to its calcium, protein,magnesium, and B12 content. What’s more, most yogurts contain gut-healthy probiotics, which may help promote digestion. Greek yogurt, which is strained, tends to be thicker, creamier, and have a higher concentration of protein than traditional yogurts. To sweeten the deal, add berries which deliver fiber, vitamin C, and folate along with natural sugars along with a drizzle of honey and walnuts for some dietary fat and a heartier snack. Brussel Sprouts: Brussel sprouts are the perfect fiber-rich, filling, low-calorie snack you're probably not eating.
* They are high in calcium,potassium and have zero saturated fat. So, load up on these sprouts to lose weight. Whip up this cruciferous veggie in a pan with salt and olive oil. Add a soft boiled egg for extra protein. If you like things spicy,chili flakes are a great topper and the capsaicin found in peppers has been shown to increase satiety. Baked Kale Chips: Kale is incredibly healthy.It is loaded with fiber and antioxidants like quercetin and kaempferol.
* These compounds decrease blood pressure and may reduce the risk of colon cancer. A cup serving of raw kale provides more than 100%of the RDI for vitamins A, C and K. You can make these easy baked kale chips at home. With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until the edges are brown but not burnt. Cucumber Slices with Hummus: Cucumbers and hummus are nutritious and go very well together. Cucumbers contain cucurbitacin E, a compound that may have anti-cancer effects. Hummus is a great source of fiber and protein,which may promote weight loss.
* Surveys have shown that people who consume chickpeas or hummus regularly are less likely to be obese, plus they have a lower BMI and smaller waist circumference. Hummus is made from chickpeas, olive oil and garlic, which can also reduce inflammation and improve your heart health. One cup of sliced cucumbers dipped in 3 oz of hummus has about 180 calories. Hard Boiled Eggs: Eggs are a great snack for weight loss, especially if you boil them without using butters and oils. Eggs are packed with protein, low in calories, and have essential vitamins such as B and D. They make for a great weight loss snack because in addition to the nutrients, you will also feel satisfied for a longer period of time. Just keep in mind that eggs are high in cholesterol.To reduce the amount of your cholesterol intake, avoid eating the yolk.
* The maximum benefits are in the egg white. Protein Balls: Maybe you’re craving something sweeter or more innovative. If so, protein balls are a fun snack to make. Not only are they portable, but also portion controlled for weight loss. Take rolled oats and protein powder as the base, and then combine it with a nut butter or coconut oil. Next, add some flax or chia seeds to the mix for added fiber and healthy fats.
* Add spices such as cinnamon, ginger,or cardamom for additional flavor. Lastly, toss in dried fruit and some dark chocolate chunks. Refrigerate for an hour or so and eat them within a week or freeze them to enjoy later. Avocado Open Sandwich: This open sandwich might look like it is loaded with calories and not good for weight loss. But it is exactly the opposite of that. Avocado is loaded with healthy fats that help reduce inflammation, thereby helping to prevent inflammation induced weight gain. And good carbs from whole wheat bread, veggies, and fruits keep you satiated and cleanse the colon,leading to better digestion and metabolism. To make this open sandwich, you need one slice of whole wheat bread, ½ California avocado, 2 teaspoons of ricotta cheese, and a pinch of salt. Slice up the avocado and lay the slices on the bread. Top it with ricotta cheese and sprinkle a little salt.
* And you’re all set to snack on one of the most filling and healthy homemade snacks. Are your snacking habits healthy or unhealthy?let me know in the comments section.